Friday, June 8, 2012

A Soap A Day Project: Day 3

Loving the neon green with the dark peach color combo!

I tried a new technique with this one and it isn't what I visualized in my head but that is ok! I am not sure what I was thinking with the strips in the background. Sometimes I just don't know when to stop and have to learn to let things be! The technique I used on the first two would have been better so I will switch back to that and keep this in the back of my mind for when it is needed.

This just reminds me that I have to focus on what I am good at! I strayed last night and tried making some bath bombs and I was having a hard time with the press I was using. (The recipe was fabulous though!) Mind you, I am going to get it right eventually and add them to my line eventually but I can keep the project close and bring it out when I get a marketing strategy in full swing! I have a little adventure to find some local retailers I am embarking on tomorrow and I will tell you all about it!

Do any of you have a technique for approaching Local Retailers that you would like to share?

In the mean time I am trying to do one thing a day to promote my business and am trying to get better at my customer service! Those of you who get an email back a week or two later know what I am talking about!

A side note - there is a reason I have suddenly started stressing about my business but I will tell that story later. :)

So far these posts have gotten a great response! I hope to keep em' coming!

2 comments:

  1. I also do not know when to stop. Sometimes I think it's my nervousness or doubt but, I think the ideas you create can never be duplicated by anyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creativity is very personal and it is easy to feel self conscious about it - especially when there criticisms! I know for me not knowing when to stop comes from self doubt for sure, much like what you are saying. Accepting failure, for me, has been a great way to build self confidence in everything that I do!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails