Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Soap A Day Project: Day 18

More on the Mother of Pearl theme! I actually made these little embeds in Washington and brought them back on the plane with me! They are in clear soap and it is double sided!

I like the subtle pastel and white in clear. It reminds me that I have been wanting to do some white on white compositions in oil paint! I have a few statues, vases, plates, and decorative objects in white so maybe this weekend I will set up a still life and get to it!

White on white compositions always interest me! You really get to see how light effects color and depending on the source, white on white compositions can be in shades of grey or have other hints of color. I just love the pallets you get!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty!  I like the soft look and the colors that come through.  I hope you get to paint this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Thanks Jean! I hope so too! I may take a mini paint set into the hills with me on my hike tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3.  No painting this weekend! Boo! I did get a lot of reading done though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails