Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Soap A Day Project: Day 2

These circles are so small that the were about the size of my finger tip!
I already almost failed! This soap, supposed to be finished yesterday, got finished this morning because I really had to get to bed last night. I was just too tired! I did stay awake for another hour reading one of my Dresden novels. When I closed my eyes I wondered if I could have kept going with the soap and was just lazy, or if stopping was the right thing to do to give myself time to wind down. We can't always work at 100%, 100% of the time. You will probably be more productive working at 100% in short bursts and then giving yourself sufficient time to recover.

12 comments:

  1.  Thank you! I was super happy with the color on this one! A little less nuclear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Jim Butcher books!  Gorgeous soap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing! I love challenges like this because they allow us to see a huge range of your talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is just beautiful and a work of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5.  Thank you! It is fun and the ideas are flooding in of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo... cute~  

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo... cute~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one beautiful soap and I can't even begin to imagine how long that took to create the embeds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Erin, such a beautiful soap! I'm member of a german soap forum, and we are wondering how you made those tiny embeds. We have quite a few ideas.... cookie cutters, straws, syringes, soap canes similar to polymer clay / fimo canes.... I wonder what the correct answer would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fimanuela! I don't want to divulge all of my secrets bbuttes, anything round, knives and patience! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails