Friday, June 22, 2012

A Soap A Day Project: Day 13

I like working with all clear soap and brightly colored embeds! Gotta LOVE clear M&P!
Ok, I have officially lost track - I have random bars of soap laying around that I have to take pictures of! Not that it is that hard - the pics are all pretty standard! This is the soap I made for Wednesday so I guess I am only a day behind.

This soap really made me mad! I had thin little delicate strips of soap cut and I could not for the life of me get them to stay upright in the mold so they all fell over! My big clumsy fingers got in the way, I tried tweezers but my hands weren't steady enough. It could be that it was about 2 hours past my bedtime once I was finished with this. Also, once I poured the clear soap all the embeds moved out of place. You probably can't really tell but there should have been thinner stripes and more of them, very carefully placed in straight rows. I am going to try this one again for sure!
So I am a day behind and I find myself working on things for too long, in order to get a result that may not be better. This is a pattern! I spent a really long time researching new packaging yesterday rather than filling my last order for the week so now I am going to have to work for part of tomorrow. I don't NEED to redo my packaging but I NEED to make soap for my customers! I was just more interested in the packaging at the time! Silly me! FOCUS FOCUS!

3 comments:

  1. TwobloomsdesignstudioJune 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM

    Looks great, yes I love M&P, it's so fun and ready to use so quickly.  I'm guilty of wasting time as I'm on a new hunt for soap cigar bands and I spent ages yesterday trying to work something out that I'm not sure I like in the end so back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Packaging is always so time consuming but I do feel that it is something that should be updated! It is fun and creative though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it, especially the one pink line.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails