This morning I started my day with Key Lime and Grapefruit Whipped Shea Butter Scrub and an Avocado and Berry Smoothie to help my metabolism started after 8 hours of sleep! Eating a balanced breakfast including good carbs, protein and fat can help reduce the risk of weight gain, fatigue throughout the day and muscle wasting*. I need to keep up my energy for soapmaking after all!
This recipe only takes about 5 minutes and is a great way to start your day! This recipe is packed with protein and due to the avocado this does have a fair amount of fat but it is good fat and it will give you sustained energy until your next meal unlike quick burning simple carbs. For your reference I included nutrition info below.
- 16 oz Pure Almond Unsweetened
- 2 scoop , 100% Whey Protein. NOTE - any protein powder will do. I used EAS Vanilla Whey Protein powder. If you use another protein powder nutrition info will vary slightly.
- 1 cup Strawberries, Fresh or Frozen
- 1 cup Blueberries Fresh or Frozen
- 75 g Avocado(about 1/2 fruit)
2) Slice strawberries if necessary.
3) In a blender add Almond Milk, Berries, Protein and Avocado and blend on high for ten seconds, and then in 3 or 4, five second pulses.
Serve immediately - 2 servings
Here is to happy healthy mornings!