Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our little Christmas Tree

I debated trees this year and decided on this little artificial tree with fiberoptics lights that dance through the spectrum of color! I love it and wanted to share.

 Our Little Tree, gifts and some of our artwork on the wall behind. The paintings on the left were a gift from our roommate last year.


I know, I know - artificial trees are bad for the environment (trust, it was a difficult decision for me) but I am planning on having this guy for a long time and maybe "they" will figure out how to recycle artificial trees by the time it gets retired. Good news is the wired branches can always be used to make other things and the motor for the lights can be put to some good use. If nothing else that part can be recycled.

The best thing to do is get a live tree that you can plant or a locally cut tree from a sustainable tree farm, but planting a tree in the yard of our rented house may not make the owner happy and there is little space in our cozy living room after furniture and musical instruments are considered, so this little table top tree was a perfect option for us!




My boyfriends guitar ornaments and a little snowman ornament I made with clay and wire.
 




Our Tree topper is a little Day of the Dead Doll I made with clay, wire, vintage fabric and paper. The Santa was "stolen" from my parents collection of vintage ornaments.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I love your tree. Mine is pink, and I plan to keep it FOREVER!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patrice! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, there's something better (environmentally) than buying a live tree... which is to purchase a second-hand (used) artificial tree at a thrift store or yard sale! Doing so keeps an already-manufactured tree in use (and out of the landfill), while not creating additional demand/environmental waste. This also keeps the real trees alive!

    Having said that - your new tree is lovely and I'm glad you shared it with us. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes a second hand tree IS even better - thank you for that idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails