Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coming down from the Lake House

This weekend I had the pleasure of staying on Lake Samish while in Washington State for a class I taught at Otion's Soap Weekend Intensive. It was absolutely stunning and peaceful and reminded me of summers with my family on Lake Champlain in Vermont. Friday I took a 6.5 mile jog around the lake, hung out on the dock, read Villa Incognito, and just relaxed like I haven't in a long time! Over the weekend I took a boat ride, did a little fishing, and enjoyed great food and a few "libations".

Me and Anne-Marie fishing on the dock
Early morning
pretty pink thing
giant orange slug
 
tennis shoe planter - I thought this was so cool!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so beautiful! I would loved to have come visit with ya'll for the weekend classes. They sound like so much fun. Maybe next time.
    Michelle in NV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I said this like a billion times over the weekend - but it was so great meeting you in real life!
    I'm so glad you had a good time and I can't wait for another opportunity to meet-up with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have been great to meet you Michelle! Someday! Washington was so nice - just lush and green and totally not like San Diego at all - it really reminded me more of New England in the summer so I felt right at home!

    Amber - me too! You are super cool and fun to hang with! ...and it is nice to know who I am interwebbing with. :) If you are ever in San Diego let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails