Love is in the air! I am thinking about my wedding and Valentine's Day is right around the corner! I have my soap favors made and while they cure I have been thinking about how I want to present them and have decided to tie a little love tag to each! These make a beautiful finish to any Valentine as well and you can personalize them any way you wish! I have a hundred or so to make for my wedding favors so let's get cracking!
• Instant eyelet setter with 1/16th inch hole punch and 1/16th inch eyelet setter attachments
• Setting Mat
• Rubber letter stamps up to 3/4 inch tall (The set I am using is by Hampton Art and I got it at a Michael's Craft Store.)
• Fabric scissors or rotary cutter and cutting mat
• Half a yard of light weight canvas material cut into one inch strips. Keep them long so you can spell out word of various lengths.
• Ink pad in color of your choice. I am using black.
• 1/8 inch Quicklets™eyelets in color (s) of your choice
1) Lay out a strip of your fabric and stamp "LOVE" horizontally or vertically. I started at the right edge of my canvas strip and worked backwards stamping the last letter first and the first letter last. Cut off your word leaving about once inch of fabric before the letter "L". This is where we will set our eyelet.
3) Insert your eyelet in through the hole with the word facing up.
DONE! Wasn't that easy!
Try other words or phrases like: BE MINE, BEST FRIEND, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
These versatile tags can be used to make this cute heart banner. Just cut out hearts from colored card stock and set an eyelet on both sides. String ribbon through the holes, alternating hearts and LOVE tags!
Inspiration for the project: